Download our Petland App today for information on your local Petland's Available Pets and Pet Supplies. All at the tips of your fingers!
The Maltese Name Game
November 29, 2018
There are some dogs that are off the charts adorable and Maltese puppies for sale are some of them!
They are little but pack a lot of punch when it comes to personality and charm. In this blog post, we giving you some interesting facts and options for naming your new puppy.
Maltese Quirks and Facts
- They have a lifespan of 15 years.
- They get along well with people and other animals, so if you have another dog or cat in your home, you’ll be just fine as long as you socialize your Maltese early.
- They are one of the smallest breeds so there’s some fragility associated with them. Be careful of little kids handling them.
- They are hard to housebreak. Crate training is best for them.
- They don’t shed much at all, which is great. Most people who purchase Maltese puppies for sale normally opt for professional grooming to keep them looking good and tangle-free.
- They suffer from separation anxiety when left alone for long periods of time.
- They are prone to sunburn along the hair parting.
- They get cold and hot fast so keep in mind that they may need extra warmth during the winter and cool air during the summer.
The Maltese is one of the most popular of the tiny breeds of dogs. As a result, they are often mixed with other breeds. Some of the names are downright funny!
Here are some of the most popular and funny ones that we could find:
- Poodle x Maltese = Maltipoo
- Chihuahua x Maltese = Malchi
- Pomeranian x Maltese = Maltipom
- Shih Tzu x Maltese = Malshi
- Perkingese x Maltese = Perkitese
- Yorkshire Terrier x Maltese = Morkie
- Beagle x Maltese = Maltibeag
- Schnauzer x Maltese = Mauzer
- Pug x Maltese = Mug
- Westie x Maltese = Waltese
Here are some cute girl name suggestions for Maltese puppies:
Here are some funny names associated with Maltese puppies for sale based on their size:
- Itty Bitty
Here are some cute boy names for Maltese puppies: