Petland Topeka, Kansas offers valuable information on caring for your small animal pet and choosing a pet that is right for you. We have a wide selection of products for Hamsters, Ferrets, Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas and more. We offer all the products you will need to meet your pet’s four basic needs.
- Niches/Hide Outs – Stress-free hiding places and sleeping quarters for your small pet. Provide physical structures and/or materials for your pet to make their own niche.
- Exercise Wheel – Many small animals will forage over great distances in their natural habitat. An exercise wheel allows for exercise inside the cage.
- Fun Ball – Allows safe exercise outside of the cage and a place to put the pet while cleaning the cage.
- Chew Stick or Block – Many small animals (except ferrets) have teeth that continue to grow throughout their life. Chew toys help keep teeth trimmed.
- Treat Stick – Small animals forage for their food naturally. Treat sticks provide an alternate food choice, where the pet must work to remove food…this is a natural behavior.
- Collar and Lead – Helps keep control of your small animal in new situations or on an outing. Also provides exercise and socialization.
- Book – Background information and instructions for ongoing care.
- Brush – Reduces shedding, tangles and hairballs, and keeps rabbits and guinea pigs’ coats clean and healthy.
- Bedding – Keeps cage and pet clean, reduces odors.
- Litter Deodorizer – Added to the litter, feed, and/or water, deodorizers greatly reduce smells from small animal waste.
- Litter Pan or Hamster Potty – Small animals can be litter-trained, especially rabbits, ferrets, and hamsters. Minimizes cleanup and makes it easier to control odors.
- Nail Clippers – Rabbits, guinea pigs, and ferrets need their nails trimmed periodically to avoid injuries, both to the animal and to you.
- Cage – Wire, glass, or plastic all have their benefits and drawbacks. Be sure to provide a home big enough for the pet at full growth.
- Water Bottle & Holder – A sanitary alternative to a water bowl for your small animal.
- Ceramic Dish/Bowl – Provides a clean place for food,. Most small animals chew, so ceramic is a more durable choice.
- Carrier – Ensures safe transportation of your small animal.
- Cage Cleaners/Deodorizers – Break down stains and odors that build up even with regular cage cleanings.
- Staple Diet – Be sure to provide the proper food for your small animal’s age and eating habits. Provides basic nutrition.
- Timothy Hay – Provides necessary roughage for digestion. Feed daily to rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, and hamsters for good overall health.
- Alfalfa Hay – Also a source of roughage, alfalfa is a vital source of vitamin C for guinea pigs. Can also be given to adolescent, pregnant, sick, or older rabbits to boost overall health.
- Assorted Treats – Nutritional variety, supports natural foraging habits.
- Salt/Mineral Block – Helps maintain hydration and keeps teeth trimmed, as well as providing necessary minerals.
- Vitamins – Ensure proper levels of vitamins vital to your small animal’s diet.
- Stress Aid – (DriTail®) Very important during environmental changes, will help prevent or treat diarrhea (Wet Tail).